Sunday, November 11, 2012

Behind is STILL Behind

So . . .

It's been an interesting week.

My dad has been in the hospital, and unfortunately, I am apparently the only one who can't get any information.

One of my dearest friends, and closest confidante, also had to take her father to the hospital, and the news was less than favorable. 

I've watched people on my assorted social media accounts rip into each other with a vehemence typically reserved for mock WWE battles, all over the simple process of electing the next President of the United States. 

I slipped into a blue funk over my characters, and spent two days accomplishing ZERO writing on my NaNo story, because I couldn't figure out what was wrong. So, in a fit of desperation, I ACTUALLY left my house . . . during the daylight . . . and met up with a complete stranger to write for a few hours. Yes, for my writing I will actually break from my self-imposed mimicking of drunken, reclusive authors (ala Kerouac, Hemingway, and Faulkner), and venture into society to find a new stream of thought. It worked, and I solved a significant sticking point in my plot.

Unfortunately, work and school also conspired to interfere with my writing, leaving me now over 5600 words behind where I should be. That is, of course, why I m writing a blog post instead of working on Price of Valor - because the post also is not going to do anything to increase my word count.

However, on a Publishing House - related note, book four of the Candy Collection will be released on December 11th, and will feature four authors, two of whom are newly signed with Renaissance Romance Publishing. Beginning tomorrow, we will reveal each of the solo ebook covers, culminating in a reveal of the actual anthology cover on Friday. Stay tuned for more on these fabulous stories and authors.

NOW, I have just been given two pictures that have Harvey, my rabid plot bunny, chaffing at the bit to resume playing with the fates of Trace and Lynne.


found on Facebook

discovered by my friend Lisa while we discussed how the first picture could tie into the story. 


Wish me luck! 





5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I need all the cheerleaders I can get!

      Delete
    2. Beautiful pictures!!!! They should inspire you to write! Don't worry, I'm extremely far behind in my writing, too!

      Delete